Dog tail tip injuries have long been hard to treat. Small cuts or grazes are continually traumatized by impacts as dogs vigorously wag their tails. Conventional dressings and syringe cases weigh the tail down and increase the impact on the wound area. These wounds spray blood everywhere, often refusing to heal and tail amputation is frequently necessary.
Dog Ends ™ are a simple yet effective tube dressing that absorbs impact and allows these wounds to heal naturally. They consist of a tubular mesh dressing that is engineered to flex just enough to absorb impact without transmitting the force down to the injured area. The dressing takes the impact force rather than the tail tip so that normal healing can resume.
· Open mesh construction allows superb ventilation of the wound area to reduce the risk of infection.
· Each Dog End™ weighs only 0.14 ounces (4 grams) – making them well tolerated by most dogs (although an ‘E’ collar is still recommended).
· Easy and fast to apply and secure with supplied applicator and veterinary grade tape. Can be applied by veterinarians or owners.
· Versatile – can be used over sterile primary dressings for added protection.
· Stretch to fit tail tips for all breeds of dog.
· Complete directions included.
· Starter Pack includes everything needed to treat a tail tip injury – applicator, tape and 5 Dog Ends™ mesh dressings.